Thursday, January 8, 2009

A Day in the Life of Me...


Hello world! It feels so good to be here. I am new to this whole blogging thing...but there is definitely a method to my madness. I am a 19 year old sophomore attending Johnson & Wales for an degree in culinary arts. I come from a very creative family and I love being myself. Laughter is my drug and it keeps me on a natural high. Any who, I decided to start a blog because I realize there are many people that share the same views as me, go through similar problems and that just sometimes need to know that they are not the only one. It is my hope that somehow I may be a blessing to someone.

As far as my life goes right now, I am mainly focused on school which is how I believe it should be. I have friends of course as many people do but I also have a great deal of foes. There are many things that some people may never understand about me...but that's how I like it. I'm not very predictable but that doesn't make me
random...the last thing I want to do is be random. Too many people want to call them selves something they aren't and that's just not my style. I'm more laid back...I do what makes me happy and I believe that is extremely important. Peer pressure was never a problem growing up because I never liked my peers anyway. I care about peoples feelings in general, but I could care less what the people that are lame, small-minded, or just don't matter think. I say a lot of things {mean things that is} that I don't mean, but sometimes I actually do. I will say I am a bit of a nerd {oh well} but I am completely content. I am also a fat kid at heart because I love snacks!!!! But that is part of where my interest for food and cooking comes from. I like to analyze meals at restaurants and I get excited when I see a technique I learned in a class. That's just me. Anyways enough about me...this blog is about my life what I do how I think...and how its affect her life what she does and who she is...by her I mean self or in my case Eye...because that is me.

I can honestly say I have been blessed with wonderful opportunities that many only get to dream about at such a young age. First off, I'm attending my first choice college which has its ups and downs {downs being its cost}. Aside from that I spent my summer as well as fall working with very remarkable chefs in the industry. I got some first hand experience in the culinary field and I have come to the conclusion that it is a ton and some of work. However, i want this forever so I will strive for it. I have also decided that I would love to be my own boss, because it has its benefits. I would also love to work under some more greats in the industry. I want to go to places like Vegas, NYC, Hawaii...I need to know
everything about this cooking thing that I can. And I have to do it while I am still young. I will admit I am nervous about what God has in store for my future...but I am not fearful.

Next fall, I will be transferring to another campus to finish out junior and senior years of school. I am not really excited about graduating in the fall because I will only be halfway to where I want to be. Someone once told me that it is important to be focus more on tomorrow rather than today. In a restaurant and many other food service establishments you prep for the next day. The same should be done in life. If you prep for tomorrow you wont have to worry about it stressing you out and not being prepared in time. Eyeluvsit!!

With that being said tomorrow and each day after that I need a job. I need to be able to support myself at least a little. I am tired of being a burden to others..its just not cool. After thinking about it, the perfect job for me would be being a nanny or just cooking for someone right now. I have early classes, so this is good for my schedule because I can take care of kids if I need to. If not a nanny something like a personal chef, because I can cook and I know some people have busy schedules and cooking usually isn't on their list of priorities although eating is. I need to network and find potential clients I imagine and this will take more thinking, but I think, I know rather this is possible. I will work it out though.

So its Thursday afternoon, that means it is the weekend for me. I wont be doing much though. Some schoolwork mainly. I am helping my instructor prep for class so that is good. I am really excited about dinner tonight because I am trying something new. I recently discovered that a burger with blue cheese and a honey-dijon spread has an amazing taste. I would love to add more flavors to the burger so I will try caramelized apples and bacon on the burger as well. The combination is interesting which makes me want to try it. I am learning that with cooking it is important to keep and open mind. Things turn out different that what is expected sometimes. Who knows what will happen? I sure don't but I'm curious. I will be sure to keep you updated. Tata for now!! love, peace and cupcakes and welcome to the start of something delightful.

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the wonderful world of blogging...I love your first...it was nice. I want to try one of those burgers when you come home. Toodles!

    ReplyDelete