Monday, January 12, 2009

The Sweet Taste of Sucess


So this weekend blew by faster than I thought. Friday I got all the information I need to transfer campuses, which is good. I helped an instructor prepare for Chef's Choice on Saturday and had a ball. I spent a great deal of the weekend on my project for Advanced Patisserie. It was a very tedious project and I found myself getting stuck frequently. This surprised me though because I have already done a project that was larger and in fact tougher.

Why is it that even though I want to commit my time to doing something, I still end up procrastinating? Last night {this morning rather}, I finished my project around 3:15. I got so frustrated with the project and my stress level was definitely soaring. By class time, which was seven all I wanted to do was get back in the bed. I felt bad for leaving my group members but, I needed to rest and get my mind right...now I am ok.

I'm always listening to new albums as they come out because I do love music. Well I love Adele's voice and her album is very mellow. I also listened to Savage, a Drake mixtape and Solange. All of the albums were better than I expected. Listening to to Drake allowed me to find a someone else that has a great sound. Colin Munroe...his song with Drake, Cannonball is awesome.

In my last post, I discussed a burger that I would attempt to make for dinner. It turned out very tasty. I did everything that I said I would. Because of this I think I will try and create a new burger at least once a month. I wonder what the next one will be like.

As for right now, I have studying to do for my final in Advanced Patisserie as well as dinner to make. While working on my project and watching my Steelers defeat the Chargers {yes we can..lol thats what Mike said on my shirt}, I made collard greens. I didnt get a chance to make the rest of my meal, but that is what I intend to do now. I have a taste for smothered pork chops and mac and cheese {linguine rather because thats what I have}. Later, I am making cupcakes {oh-em-gee cupcakes} TaTaForNow...

love, peace, and cupcakes!

3 comments:

  1. That looks good...can you make a "skinny" version of that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is no skinny version...eye dot do skinny

    ReplyDelete
  3. beanie, the burger looks so tempting/is that your signature burger oo la la send me some of your fine CUPCAKES /UPS OR FEDEX see you soon!

    ReplyDelete